Here are just some of the actions uPrint undertook to ensure exhibition success;
1. Plan prior to the exhibition: for the day itself and what happens afterwards!!
2. Have clear objectives: what do you hope to achieve ?
3. Aim to build your database: find ways of collecting your visitor’s contact details
4. Have an offer on the day, an opportunity that is too good to miss
5. Make sure people know immediately what you do when they see your stand
6. Make sure you and team know your products
7. Make sure all the team are living the brand e.g. dress code, behaviour, sending out the same message
8. Don’t get too involved in conversations with your fellow colleagues on the stand, this just makes visitors feel unwelcome
9. Don’t hide behind a desk, computer or phone, no eating or drinking on the stand – be approachable
10. Get there early and network with the other stand holders. They might direct one or two visitors to your way
11. Carry out a wash-up exercise after the exhibition. What went well? What didn’t go too well? What would you do differently next time?
12. Follow up, follow up, follow up.
Remember it can take 7 approaches before a client becomes interested in what you have to offer so maintain regular contact but do not PUSH too hard.